(Sorry I can't make it to your party though)
And I now enter my last week at UBC, in this room. It's kinda sad =( I like my room. It may not be as big as my room back home, but it's nice, simple, has everything I need (which, let's face it, is really just my laptop), and is actually more often tidy than my room at home. Go figure.

Had my second-last exam today, it was ok, pretty much the same as normal. Since Thursday I've done not a lot - except get addicted to Tetris. Friday I really didn't do much. Slept in, and messed around until about 4, when I went to Metrotown with Andrew.
We spent 3 hours looking for a sheep, all over this massive shopping centre. It was big enough for me to walk past the same store three or four times, and yet still have no idea where I was. So we walked into many, many stores, looking for anything relating at all to a sheep, and eventually found a little toy sheep at Toys R Us.
I managed to buy nothing but a few lollies, which have already been consumed =(
The shopping centre did have a giant rocking horse though, that actually rocked. It was a bit weird...

Saturday I didn't do much, Sunday I studied a fair amount, and played a fair bit of Tetris. Stupidly addicting game. My problem is, if I do badly, it doesn't count, and if I do well, I need to have another go at it to do even better. It's a vicious, never-ending cycle.
Today was my exam, I slept in, and studied a fair bit (although I did manage to double my previous high score in Tetris an hour or so before the exam).
Had the exam, which was fairly easy. I thought I was running out of time, rushed through it, and then finished half an hour early. It did mean I could waste time checking things stupidly though...
Went to the Village (just outside uni) for a crappy Malaysian meal (tasted like salt...almost), and then went to Mountain Equipment Co-op to buy a backpack for travelling. Picked up a nice, rather large bag for $140, which has a detachable backpack which I can use during the day. Handy =)
And came back, played Super Smash Brothers for an hour or so, and then wasted time. It's been a fairly good couple of days.
I'm gonna spend the next few days tidying up a few things, and perhaps even studying for my last exam on Saturday, and generally sorting things out for my trip.
I've booked my train to Edmonton ($160) on the 18th, and then my flight to Toronto on Christmas Eve ($480 -_-), so yeah, at least I've got plans for a little while.
Anyhow, I think that's it for now. Hopefully post again soon. Not sure if my laptop will be travelling with me (I keep changing my mind), but if it doesn't I'll be sure to at least drop in occasionally via an internet cafe or something.
5 comments:
BOOYA!!!
Justins mean, don't back me up why don't ya :P
Happy Birthday to James too, I got a bunch of birthday reminders bout it lol. But I couldn't get on the net I swear!!!
Um comment...comment...must make a comment...tetris is cool ^.^ I've been playing on sis's ipod, and its haaaaaaaaard!!!
Hehe...
*doesn't have anything to say either*
I'm back!!!
God I missed the net and my Mac!!!
Here's a comment: "Comment"
Anyway why did you go looking for a sheep???
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I looked in various places for birthday comments (phone, obviously, email, etc.) but didn't think of your blog! So that was a nice surprise to get today (the 12th). One question: an awesome...what? ;p
You know, I have had the same experience looking for a sheep. I spent hours in Melbourne, and I would've though that in Australia of all places, with the amount of sheep it has, would have them in the Aussie tourist shops, but no. I found one eventually, near an underground train station. Go figure.
Um, metrotown? That's like naming something villagecity innit? Crazy.
What will you do with your laptop if you don't take it travelling with you?
Good luck for the last exam, enjoy it, and the trip!
It was an awesome day, then I changed my mind to something like "hope it was awesome" and just messed up =P
Email and/or phone would probably have been a better idea, but oh well =P
It was a present for one of Andrew's friends who was in Wales for a little while (which apparently has lots of sheep). There aren't even any sheep calendars (despite us finding a sign which said from "Dolphins to Sheep" - false advertising right there!).
We even went into a book store and couldn't find anything relating to sheep...
Yeah, I guess Metrotown is a little weird...
If I don't bring my laptop, I'll leave with a friend here. I'm actually leaving a whole suitcase behind here, and just backpacking with very little clothes apparently =P
Now if only I could get stuff organised....
Post a Comment