I'm definitely ready to leave though. I've enjoyed my time here, it's been unbelievable, but I'm ready to head back home.
Unfortunately for me though, I'm not going home, I'm going traveling. Sure, all of you are saying you'd love to swap places with me, and yeah, I wouldn't give it up =P Would be nice to go home for a couple of days first though.
The plan is that I'll train to Edmonton on Tuesday. It's a 23 hour train ride, which will give me time to unwind, and relax, which will definitely be good. In Edmonton, I'll be staying with Edythe (Pastor Tham's Daughter). After Edmonton I'll be flying to Toronto on Christmas Eve, and get there fairly late at night.
Spend a few days staying at my Uncle's place in Toronto, and then bus down to New York on the night of the 30th, to get there on the 31st. I'll meet Ying there, and we'll spend the day and the evening in New York before training back to New Haven at some obscene hour of the morning.
Stay in New Haven for probably another night after that one, and then do something for a few days before meeting up with Yu Heng and Anna to travel the West Coast (Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, and stuff). Should be good.
It's only been 24 hours since my last post, and since then, I've decided once again that I shouldn't consume any amount of alcohol. I've also been to church this morning - which was the Christmas concert-like thing, which was very impressive. Involved (as far as I could tell) hired musicians, and a very large choir.
They played some jazz, which made me happy, and they had 2 trumpets, which made me even happier. Unfortunately, the choir weren't quite up the same standard as the musicians, and the trumpets were often drowned out.
They also had a trombone a 6 or 7 strings as well.
Not a heap of congregational involvement though, and I thought it was a little weird that they did it more than a week before Christmas. Oh well....

This afternoon I've spent trying to sort out what to take with me on my trip, and I met up with Cooper (guy who I met during the first few days on the tour) for coffee. I managed to use the free voucher that I got for them screwing up my order on the first few days I was here, on one of the last days I'm here. There's a little bit of symmetry for you. =P
It's weird though, everyone is leaving college, which means I'm saying goodbye to so many people. I'm coming back though, so although I make an effort to say goodbye each time, I know I'm most probably going to see most of them again anyways. In fact, the 20th of January is the day which I'll probably organise a dinner for everyone I've met.

Anyways, on another note, I'd like to wish Brendan a Happy Birthday. He's 19 today =) Hope you're having a good day (although I've talked to you a couple of times already). I enjoyed traveling with you, and it would've been great to travel the US with you too. I guess we'll have to travel some other place.
I'll talk to you soon (=
3 comments:
FIRST POST!!! Even if its Brendans birthday I won't let him win hehehe.
Didn't elaborate on the alcohol incident I see :P
Yay for symmetry and watnot (I just wanted to be first teehee)
aw. Tania's mean.
Thanks. =).
Yeah, it's interesting where churches place their big Christmas events. I know Trinity's is about the 15th-ish (or even earlier!) each year, whereas Athelstone do theirs on Christmas Eve. One advantage of doing it early is that you then don't have to stress about it and can actually enjoy the day (and it's one less thing in the crazy end of year).
Most importantly, Carols from Kings is not being broadcast this year...don't know how I'll survive!
Post a Comment