Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Plan

I leave tomorrow (well, actually, technically today now). It's weird, it's kinda snuck up on me, yet it's been all I've been thinking about for the past 5 or 6 weeks. Now it's here, I still don't know what to think.

I guess I don't really feel ready to leave, yet at the same time I know that I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I somehow feel that I would like another few days - but I'm sure after those few days have passed I'll want a few more. That's the procrastinator in me coming out (although some might argue that it's always been in full view - and I'd be inclined to agree).

These last few days have passed so quickly - saying goodbye to so many people, yet not really doing a lot. Monday was great - I slept until noon (see, I told you I'd fit to the blog's definition) - and didn't really feel like doing anything. Tidied my room a little bit, but that's it. I did, however, make it to the Pembroke Town Hall concert.

It was the one concert that I actually wanted to go to (including the ones that I was in). For one reason. Chantelle Yam. I'd never actually heard her play before, but knew she was going to be amazing.. and she was. It's always awesome to see and hear a pianist that good, and I was glad I did. The other thing that I brought away from the Town Hall Concert, is that after this year, I'll be officially out of Pembroke. Well, yes, I did graduate almost 3 years ago, but after this year, I will know (or consider myself friends with), no more people at the school. This is despite the fact that Calvin (brother) still attends the school, but we'll exclude him from discussions at this point =P

[Oh, and Chantelle played Lizst's Piano Concerto Number 1... I think. Whatever it was.. it was good =p]

So yes, Town Hall Concert was a great way to get back in touch with school before I left, even though I didn't really talk to too many people there.

But yes, enough rambling about stuff (yesterday was good, involved seeing a fair few people at uni). I guess I'll everyone know what's happening on my trip.

I leave Adelaide tomorrow (today..whatever) at 4pm. I'll flight to Canberra and arrive there at approximately 6:05 pm local time. From which I'll be spending some time with Brendan.

Together we'll be going to Sydney on Friday afternoon, where we'll be spending some time with Grace and David (by spending some time I mean hijacking their house =P).

We return to Canberra on Sunday night (this is the 19th for those keeping track), and we'll spend the 2 hours doing all there is to do in Canberra on the Monday.

Tuesday I'll be flying out of Canberra and to Melbourne (at 9am I think... I forget). I arrive in Melbourne at 10-something, where I'll be spending some time with Tania.

Staying in Melbourne until Sunday (the 26th), where I leave at the awesome time of 6am, for the flight to Vancouver, through Sydney (2 hours) and Tokyo (2 hours). I arrive in Vancouver on the 26th (same day I leave... 24 hours later), at about 1:30 pm.

If I could be bothered I'd draw arrows on a map, but I think you'll probably all get the idea that I'm doing a lot of travelling around in circles. I might do it later... I might not, I am, after all, a very good procrastinator.

Anyways, that's it for today. If anyone is in any of those cities on those respective days and wants to meet up for coffee, tea, lunch, dinner, breakfast (I'll warn you that I'm not too good at getting up though), or anything in between; give me a call, or send me an email and we'll sort something out.

2 comments:

deadpo8t said...

should fly Melb/Sydney>KL>Tokyo>Vancouver

I buy meals all day long if you are here :)

Anonymous said...

Yes that's right, Liszt Piano Concerto No. 1.

I know a couple of the younger Pembroke kids, but only just...actually through tutoring I'm starting to meet some more. But otherwise, you are exactly right: I now no longer know any of them very well. I thought that was the case last year, but there were a few nice surprises (Monica, Jenna, etc.)

[Ed.: It really doesn't want to post this...or it'll turn up 3 times...]