Monday, August 13, 2007

You have two cows...

So, lots of things are winding up before I go. Work experience finished on Friday. Definitely learnt a lot, even though I felt like I didn't do much of worth while I was there. I also definitely appreciate the pay =P

Had a small gathering Friday night. Didn't do an awful lot, but it was good to catch up and chat with a few people before I leave. Also managed to finish Harry Potter on Friday night... or Saturday morning at 4 am.

I was honestly a little disappointed with the book. Started to tolerate the writing style less and less (it seemed kinda repetitive for me), the ending was predictable, although I thought the final fight was very well done.

I guess I'll try not to spoil it too much, but yeah, a little disappointed with the book, although I was never overly into them to start with.

Anyways, back along with my story. Played my last hockey match on Saturday night. Won 3-2 against Port (top side)... which would've put us on top of the ladder if we'd beat Grange (4th side) last week, but it wasn't to be. Definitely a confidence booster for the finals though, where we'll more than likely have to play Port twice.

Went to James Tran's birthday party after that (after a quick shower). Food was very nice, and again, it was good to catch up with more people before I leave.

Sunday was my last church service, went to lunch after church, and went cleaning. So more or less a normal Sunday, but again, good to get the chance to say bye.

I have a few photos from the various gatherings (playing with my camera is still fun =P), but none of them really that great, so I'll wait until I have some good ones to post them.

In order to make this post a little more useful than pointless, I'll link you to an explanation of politics... cow style. Yes, it's old, but it's still funny.

Basics

Extremely Large and Extended List

Happy Readings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oo look, the communism reference is easy in this one!

You have two cows. Your target cow production was 3 cows. Tomorrow you announce that cow production has gone up by 20% in the last year, thus conclude that we are winning the industrial war, and lower the chocolate ration to celebrate.